Are you an event manager? Are you skilled, tasteful, creative and driven? Are you a team player? You may be the person we’re looking for.
Gourmet Celebrations, a full service catering and event planning company providing upscale catering services for corporate, weddings, bat mitzvahs and social events is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Event Manager. Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Sales and marketing, candidate will manage all aspects of catering sales, including client relations, event coordination, menu design and business development.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us directly: 310-253-7705
- Solicit new catering accounts and special events through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, networking and written correspondence
- Respond to incoming inquiries via phone and website and respond to corporate and venue RFPs
- Develop and maintain special event menus and wedding packages
- Prepare all correspondence for deliveries & events including, but not limited to: proposals, menus, invoices, contracts and kitchen sheets
- Provide fiscal accountability through event budgets and cost analysis
- Execute tastings and create inspiration boards, mock-ups and diagrams for client reference
- Negotiate final pricing, secure contracts and collect payment as required
- Procure equipment, supplies, entertainment and décor for each event, meeting client’s expectations and achieving company’s profit objectives
- Coordinates kitchen production requirements with Executive Chef and Operations Manager in a timely fashion
- Communicate all function details to kitchen and event staff, including menus, timelines, satellite kitchen facilities, subvendor orders and diagrams
- Direct and supervise installation and strike of off-premise events
- Hire, train and supervise event staff
- Assures proper inventory of all banquet service equipment, décor and supplies to meet event needs
- Reconcile final billing and submit any supplemental invoices
- Conduct post-event evaluation to improve quality and efficiency of event operations
- Attention to detail in organizing rentals, staffing, and additional vendors for events
- Attend community/social events and industry meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communications, Hospitality or Culinary Field Preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales experience in the catering industry with a proven client portfolio; management experience in a high-volume catering department preferred
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays as event schedule dictates
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event from menu planning to logistics to execution
- Demonstrated flexibility when dealing with concerns and special requests while maintaining the highest standard of customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven effectiveness in verbal and written communication.
- Maintain a vision of service, quality, entrepreneurial spirit, fortitude, and hospitality
- Valid California Food Handler’s Certification